- 3 tablespoons butter (TFD prefers water buffalo butter for this recipe!)
- 1 onion, diced small
- 6 ounces top-quality prosciutto, cut into a single thick slice and diced (TFD prefers the finest artisinal Italian brands of course!)
- 3 large eggs, beaten – they should be as fresh as possible, preferably organic and from an heirloom breed
- 2 tablespoons double (heavy) cream
- 1 1/2 cups freshly-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (TFD prefers 3 year aged, from the famed red cows of Parma)
- Fresh fettuccine noodles
- LOTS of freshly-cracked blacked pepper
- Mix together the eggs, milk and parmesan. Set aside for later.
- Sauté the chopped onion in the butter.
- Add the prosciutto and continue to sauté until it’s cooked through.
- Cook the fettuccine in boiling water to your preferred level of al denté.
- Drain the fettuccine and immediately stir in the Parmesan mix.
- Stir it very well, which is tricky because while you’ve been doing everything else, the cheese mix has probably almost solidified! The heat of the pasta will soon make it easier to mix through.
- Next add the butter, onion and prosciutto and stir that in as well.
- Lastly, grind LOTS of black pepper all over the fettuccine and serve at once.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 468.09 kcal
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 1971.67 mg
- Fat: 32.96 g
- Saturated Fat: 18.72 g
- Trans Fat: 0.36 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.94 g
- Fiber: 0.53 g
- Protein: 37.03 g
- Cholesterol: 240.36 mg