- 6 long white, fluffy hot dog buns
- 6 pylsur sausages
- 4 tablespoons Icelandic hot dog mustard
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Icelandic remoulade – recipe below if you aren’t buying it remade
- 6 tablespoons crispy deep-fried onion slivers
- 6 tablespoons diced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups water mixed with 1 1/2 cups of beer (Icelandic Viking or Gull are classic Icelandic beers, but any lager will do)
- 3/4 cup neutral tasting oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped gherkin
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil
- Braise the pylsur in the beer water just until they are hot.
- Split the buns down the middle and lightly toast them, although steaming is the traditional way that TFD prefers.
- Add one sausage and the raw onions to each bun.
- Add a stripe of mustard, remoulade and ketchup down each sausage.
- Top with the crispy fried onions. Enjoy the world’s best hot dog!!!
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 700.52 kcal
- Sugar: 10.0 g
- Sodium: 993.64 mg
- Fat: 54.06 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.79 g
- Fiber: 2.88 g
- Protein: 13.93 g
- Cholesterol: 62.78 mg