- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely-chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup pitted oil-cured black olives
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1/8 cup demiglace
- 1/8 cup roasted unsalted walnuts, ground to a paste
- 3 Ortiz anchovy fillets
- 1/2 Tbsp. top-quality fish sauce
- 1 1/2 cups organic tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. liquid aminos
- 2 Tbsp. genuine Balsamic vinegar di Modena
- 1 ounce dried porcini or other dried mushrooms, finely-ground
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 package Kikkoman red miso soup
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt. Cook, stirring frequently and reducing the heat as necessary, until very dark golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and cook until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds. Stir in all other ingredients except liquid aminos and Parmesan. Adjust heat to maintain a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and pasty, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in liquid aminos and Parmesan. Let sit for 10 minutes to concentrate and meld flavors. Transfer to a mini food processor and process until smooth. Refrigerate for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months.