- 1 can (10 oz.) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1 pkg (16 oz.) Velveeta®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/8 cup Shiner Bock Texas beer (TFD addition, optional)
- 1 small fresh Poblano chile – roasted over an open flame until the skin blackens, then put it into a paper bag to steam until cool – then peel off an discard the skin, cut the pepper into small dice
- 1/4 lb. 90/10 lean ground beef
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 tsp. fennel pollen (strongly preferred) or finely-ground fennel seed
- Bolner’s Fiesta Mesquite Fajita Seasoning, to taste – you want to taste the smoke in the final product!
- A sprig of Cilantro, for garnish
- 2 tsp. onion powder (TFD addition, optional)
- 1 tsp. freshly-ground cumin powder (TFD addition, optional)
- Sauté the ground beef in a small pan until cooked through, drain ALL fat away and discard. Combine meat with the fennel pollen, fajita seasoning, onion powder, cumin and roasted garlic.
- Combine Ro*Tel and Velveeta in a medium saucepan with the beer.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until the Velveeta is melted completely and the mixture is blended, stirring frequently.
- Combine the meat mixture with the queso, stir to combine and serve warm with chips garnished with a Cilantro sprig.