- 2 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb. (26-30 count) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp. allspice berries
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup capers with their juices
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 9 fresh (preferred) or top-quality dried bay leaves
- 1/2 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Bring Old Bay and 8 cups water to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan; add shrimp, reduce heat to low, and cook until shrimp are pink, about 2 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to bowl of ice water to chill; drain again.
- Finely grind celery seeds and allspice in a spice grinder; transfer to a bowl and stir in oil, vinegar, parsley, salt, chile flakes, garlic, capers/juice and bay leaves.
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer shrimp, lemon, lime and onions; pour over oil mixture. Cover with lid; chill overnight before serving.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 615.53 kcal
- Sugar: 5.78 g
- Sodium: 857.43 mg
- Fat: 55.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.92 g
- Trans Fat: 0.02 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.76 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 16.91 g
- Cholesterol: 142.88 mg