- 5 ounces white vinegar
- 2 ounces cider vinegar
- 2 ounces Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
- 2 ounces of pineapple juice
- 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 8 Garlic cloves, sliced in half
- 6 habanero or Scotch bonnet peppers of different colors
- 2 Serrano peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 10 peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 sprig of Cilantro
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf, preferably fresh
- 2 recao leaves (if available)- also known as culantro
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil (2 ounces)
- Pinch of Salt
- Carefully cut the habaneros in half. If you like it hot, don’t discard the seeds.
- Wash your hands carefully after handling the peppers or use rubber gloves!
- In a small saucepan, simmer the peppers in the olive oil for approximately one minute on medium low heat. This brings out the hotness of the peppers without having to let it sit for months. Let it cool.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a large jar or bottle, cumin and peppercorns first.
- Add the peppers and the olive oil to the jar(s) or bottle(s), stuff them in if needed. Shake and let it sit for at least a day, preferably a week before using, shaking once a day. It will get hotter as it ages and refrigerate after opening.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 194.28 kcal
- Sugar: 2.17 g
- Sodium: 42.89 mg
- Fat: 14.38 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.0 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.48 g
- Fiber: 1.14 g
- Protein: 0.87 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg