- 1 pound top-quality ground beef – TFD prefers a 70-30 blend of round (or chuck) and bacon trimmings – your butcher can and should make this for you!!!
- 3 white onions – sliced paper thin
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying, in total
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dill pickle slices – TFD prefers Bubbie’s brand
- French’s yellow mustard to taste
- Bolner’s Fiesta Extra Fancy Uncle Chris Steak Seasoning to taste
- 3 fresh hamburger buns – TFD prefers Oroweat country potato buns
- Heat your grill or cast-iron frying pan over medium high heat.
- When hot, grab ⅓ pound of ground beef and form into a ball. Season with steak seasoning.
- Oil your pan with 2 tbsp. oil and place the meatball on top.
- Smash this down into a nice round patty – you want it THIN.
- Season generously with steak seasoning blend and fry for about four minutes. Don’t mess with it.
- Top with a nice big mound of sliced onion – ⅓ of the total, press it in.
- While the burger is cooking, toast your buns (It’s not traditional, but TFD prefers untoasted buns for this).
- Flip the burger over and fry on the onion side until the meat is cooked to your liking. I prefer mine to be nice and pink inside. Only serve rare if you have purchased good quality mince from a butcher – and you should have!
- Repeat two more times with remaining meat, oil and onions.
- Place the bottom bun on a clean surface and top with the patty so that the onion is facing upward.
- Squirt with mustard and top with pickles and the top bun. Repeat with remaining burgers and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 738.16 kcal
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 862.62 mg
- Fat: 66.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0.31 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.64 g
- Fiber: 2.84 g
- Protein: 17.35 g
- Cholesterol: 74.84 mg