- 3 medium eggplants
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups crumbled sheeps milk feta cheese
- ½ cup finely ground walnuts
- 1 large pinch kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. strong mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush eggplants lightly with olive oil, pierce the eggplant skin with a knife in several places, and place them in the oven. Roast until the skins are brown and the eggplant is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly, peel, and cut into chunks. Salt lightly. Set aside in a bowl to drain off some of the liquid.
- Roast yellow peppers until blackened, put them in a paper bag to steam for 15 minutes. When cool, remove skins and cut into pieces.
- Place the eggplant and pepper chunks into the container of a food processor, along with the garlic, feta cheese, mustard, salt, pepper, walnuts, and olive oil. If it doesn’t all fit, do this in batches then stir together.
- Process until well blended with just a few small chunks. If needed, add a bit more olive oil. The consistency should be thick. Transfer to a bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Serve as a side dish or appetizer.
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 526.85 kcal
- Sugar: 17.12 g
- Sodium: 591.36 mg
- Fat: 39.78 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.99 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.88 g
- Fiber: 14.01 g
- Protein: 14.76 g
- Cholesterol: 50.06 mg