- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream, mixed with the scraped seeds from the inside of 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tsp. freshly ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries, well-drained
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh or thawed frozen blueberries, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt® or angel food cake (tube) pan; set aside. IMPORTANT: Be sure to use a light-colored pan, NOT A DARK ONE! Otherwise, the cake will probably brown too much and stick to the pan as well.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add all remaining ingredients except blueberries and powdered sugar. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan; remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Garnish with additional blueberries, if desired.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 880.53 kcal
- Sugar: 67.42 g
- Sodium: 317.99 mg
- Fat: 27.04 g
- Saturated Fat: 15.72 g
- Trans Fat: 0.94 g
- Carbohydrates: 119.9 g
- Fiber: 3.58 g
- Protein: 11.44 g
- Cholesterol: 180.98 mg