- 2 large black radishes
- 2 cups+ rendered chicken fat – homemade (preferred) or Empire brand is available in many supermarkets
- 1 1/2 large onions
- 4 cloves roasted garlic (TFD addition – optional)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (TFD addition – optional)
- Flaky Maldon sea salt or kosher salt
- Coarsely-cracked black pepper
- Wash the radishes, dice (skin and all) and puree in the food processor. Heat at least 2 cups of schmaltz on medium heat, add in thinly-sliced onion, garlic and thyme, heat till onion is cooked through.
- Add onion and garlic (not the thyme), and as much fat as you like (it will need most of it) to the radish, + salt and pepper, puree and refrigerate.
- An amazing spicy and rich spread on crackers or bread alike!
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours