- 1 lb. dried Linguine (preferred) or use dried Spaghetti
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste – preferably Calabrian
- 7 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- ½ to 1 ½ tsp. finely minced and de-seeded small fresh hot red peppers (Thai for REALLY hot, red Fresno or red Jalapeño for semi-hot) or use finely-minced jarred Calabrian chiles (very hot) or use standard red pepper flakes (kind of hot) (TFD prefers the non-traditional but delicious use of Aleppo pepper flakes – kind of hot with a cumin-like undertone)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, plus more for the pasta water
- Minced parsley, preferably Italian parsley, to taste
- To prepare the linguine with garlic, oil and chili pepper , throw the pasta into plenty of well-salted water to taste and cook al dente, probably 8-10 minutes but taste it to be sure.
- Drain the pasta and reserve ¼ cup of the salted pasta water.
- Add the reserved pasta and pasta water, combine with the oil and seasonings until the starchy water and the oil emulsify. Serve immediately with minced parsley to garnish.
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 668.83 kcal
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 343.1 mg
- Fat: 28.76 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.05 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 86.78 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 15.21 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg