- 1 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios
- ½ cup dry-roasted, unsalted almonds
- ½ cup skinned hazelnuts (if unavailable, use almonds)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped dates
- 1 quince (preferred) peeled cored and grated or ½ apple and ½ pear, peeled cored and grated with a touch of rosewater added
- ¼ cup sweet red Passover wine
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 cup orange juice, preferably fresh-squeezed
- 2 ½ tsp. Hirshon Iranian Advieh spice blend
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the pistachios, almonds and walnuts. Pulse until it all forms into a paste. Scrape the paste into a separate bowl and put to one side.
- In the food processor, add the quince or quince substitute, raisins, ginger and dates. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the red wine, vinegar, pomegranate juice, orange juice, spices and salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Add all to a pot over medium heat, but do not let it boil – you want a simmer here and heat until just thick.
- Chill overnight and serve.
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 727.31 kcal
- Sugar: 70.62 g
- Sodium: 14.22 mg
- Fat: 34.42 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.35 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 100.13 g
- Fiber: 12.88 g
- Protein: 15.77 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg