- 8 ounces Pineapple Hint Water (TFD’s preference) or bottled water
- 2 ounces white vinegar
- 1 tsp. Hawaiian sea salt – you can substitute any sea salt or kosher salt
- 8–12 Guam Boonie peppers (TFD’s preference) or Hawaiian chili peppers, lightly-crushed (not so hot) or sliced (HOT!) (you can use up to 20 of either kind of pepper, if you’re insane – you CAN also sub in other spicy chili peppers to your preference)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 slices washed fresh Hawaiian ginger, lightly-smashed
- Splash of soy sauce
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- A goodly pinch of dried ogo seaweed (optional but TFD very much likes it)
- Add the ingredients to a small pan and bring to a quick boil. Reduce the heat immediately and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool, then transfer to a sterilized bottle. Use as needed. The longer it sits, the more the peppers and other flavors will infuse the water/vinegar mixture – I would personally let it sit for at least a week before using. It will keep in the refrigerator for about a year or so.