- 2 cups Hibiscus flowers, organic and meant for making tea
- 1 medium-sized ripe Pineapple
- 2 Tbsp. Pineapple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Key Lime juice (optional TFD addition, not in original recipe)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger paste
- 3 grains of Hwentia – Grains of Selim
- 1 piece Prekese – Aidan fruit
- Thin slices of lime for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, pour in Hisbicus leaves and add water to cover up leaves. Under high heat, bring to a boil.
- Wash and peel pineapples and ginger. Add the pineapple peels, aidan fruit and hwentia to Hibiscus liquid. Allow it to boil for 10-15 mins (Until water changes color)Using a sieve or colander, drain and separate the drink from the cooked leaves and peels.Blend pineapple fruit and ginger until smooth. Pour into the sobolo drink and stir.
- Allow the drink to cool down completely before you add your sugar, optional key lime juice and pineapple syrup.
- Store in fridge before use or add ice to sobolo drink. Enjoy with a thin slice of lime on each glass as a garnish!