- 2 ¼ lbs. soft, green pine cones
- 3 lbs sugar
- ⅓ pound raw honey
- 3 cups bottled water
- ¾ cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- The cones have to be gathered in May-June, in an ecologically-friendly environment (no spraying). The cones must be green, soft and their lengths must be 1-3 centimeters (0.4-1.3 inches).
- Wash the cones carefully in hot water and place in a stainless steel pan (they contain a lot of resin, which can ruin enamel pots when boiling).
- Add water and sugar, stir until it boils, and let it keep boiling for 15-20 minutes, on a high heat. Then put the pot away and let it cool.
- When the jam is completely cold, put it on the fire again and let it boil for 30 minutes. The syrup will change color gradually and will become the color of a transparent caramel.
- Put the pot away and let it cool again, then put it again on the fire with all the remaining ingredients and let it boil. Do this until the syrup becomes thick.
- When you think it is ready, pour one drop on a plate and wait until it gets cold. If it becomes so thick that it does not easily move on the plate, it is ready. Distribute the jam in jars and cover them.
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 2488.37 kcal
- Sugar: 442.42 g
- Sodium: 770.09 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.47 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 592.96 g
- Fiber: 4.51 g
- Protein: 20.51 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg