- 2 1/2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (TFD strongly prefers E. Guittard)
- 1/2 ounce King Arthur Black Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- A scant 1/2 C. butter, made up to a true 1/2 cup with some melted coconut oil
- 1 C. granulated sugar – preferably Turbinado Sugar (Sugar in the Raw) that has been pulverized in a blender or food processor
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 T. Frangelico liqueur
- 2/3 C. flour
- Dash of salt
- 2/3 C. semisweet chocolate chips (E. Guittard 63% brand strongly preferred
- Melt unsweetened chocolate with butter/coconut oil and vanilla paste in microwave and mix well. Cool and mix in cocoa powder thoroughly.
- Beat sugar and eggs together in mixing bowl. Add Frangelico and cooled chocolate mixture. Mix well. Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips. Pour into greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325ºF for approximately 20 minutes (test with wooden pick – it should come out clean when done). Cool completely (about 1 ½ hours).
- *** August 3, 2022 possible modification: Here is a hack I just discovered for crispy-shelled brownies, if you like that sort of thing, from Alton Brown! Bake for 15 minutes at the temperature assigned to the recipe, then pull the brownies out and let them cool for 15 minutes. Next, put the pan back into the oven and cook them until an instant read thermometer reads 195 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 1054.22 kcal
- Sugar: 67.9 g
- Sodium: 79.78 mg
- Fat: 75.17 g
- Saturated Fat: 58.97 g
- Trans Fat: 0.01 g
- Carbohydrates: 94.07 g
- Fiber: 6.52 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 80.33 mg