- 2 ½ oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (TFD strongly prefers E. Guittard)
- ½ ounce King Arthur Black Cocoa
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla paste
- A scant ½ C. butter, made up to a true ½ cup with some melted coconut oil
- 1 C. granulated sugar – preferably Turbinado Sugar (Sugar in the Raw) that has been pulverized in a blender or food processor
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 T. Frangelico liqueur
- ⅔ C. flour
- Dash of salt
- ⅔ C. semisweet chocolate chips (E. Guittard 63% brand strongly preferred
- Melt unsweetened chocolate with butter/coconut oil and vanilla paste in microwave and mix well. Cool and mix in cocoa powder thoroughly.
- Beat sugar and eggs together in mixing bowl. Add Frangelico and cooled chocolate mixture. Mix well. Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips. Pour into greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325ºF for approximately 20 minutes (test with wooden pick – it should come out clean when done). Cool completely (about 1 ½ hours).
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 1054.22 kcal
- Sugar: 67.9 g
- Sodium: 79.78 mg
- Fat: 75.17 g
- Saturated Fat: 58.97 g
- Trans Fat: 0.01 g
- Carbohydrates: 94.07 g
- Fiber: 6.52 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 80.33 mg