- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup nigella (aka charnushka or onion seeds) – these are an optional TFD addition, replace them with caraway seeds for a more classic recipe
- 2/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup ajwain seeds (TFD affectation, but it’s delicious – omit for a more classic blend and replace with black sesame seeds)
- 2/3 cup dried, minced onion (not onion powder)
- 2/3 cup dried, minced garlic (not garlic powder)
- 5/8 cup Maldon flaked sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. fennel pollen
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread sesame seeds in a pie pan and bake, shaking twice, until light golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, toast the following in turn until fragrant and slightly darker, and add to bowl: poppy seeds, 5 minutes; nigella seeds, 2 minutes; ajwain seeds, 1 minute.
- Stir in dried onion flakes, dried garlic flakes, fennel pollen and sea salt. Stir before using.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Calories: 276.48 kcal
- Sugar: 2.72 g
- Sodium: 252.35 mg
- Fat: 17.39 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.99 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.86 g
- Fiber: 11.12 g
- Protein: 10.23 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg