Citizens – rice pudding is one of my all-time favorite desserts and I believe you will find favor with my recipe, which is closely related to the Indian rice pudding known as Kheer.
I prefer an east/west hybrid version using both milk, cream and coconut milk plus rose water, red dried cranberries, golden raisins and green pistachios!
Truly a jewel-like, colorful and delicious dessert that I hope you will try, ! 🙂 My use of vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom as a complex interplay of flavors truly completes the dish!
Battle on – The GeneralissimoPrint
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup whole milk
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons rose water – Cortas brand strongly preferred buy it on Amazon
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped unsalted pistachios
- In a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, combine the cooked rice, milk and a pinch of salt. Heat until the mixture begins to boil. Decrease the heat to low and simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently, approximately 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the heavy cream, coconut milk, sugar, rose water, vanilla extract, cardamom and nutmeg. Cook until the mixture thickens again, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the cranberries, raisins and pistachios.
- Calories: 488.13 kcal
- Sugar: 40.25 g
- Sodium: 84.27 mg
- Fat: 27.39 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.76 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.93 g
- Fiber: 2.89 g
- Protein: 7.09 g
- Cholesterol: 46.86 mg
Citizens, please note that I can no longer afford to absorb the nearly $1000 per month it costs to keep the site running smoothly, including marketing expenses, etc.
You can make a difference!
Please consider making a one-time donation to help keep the site live and the posts coming – click here to PayPal Me a tip!
You can also show your support by listening to our podcasts, liking them, and sharing as you see fit – try them out here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?