- 1 small daikon radish
- 1 medium carrot
- 2–3 pickling cucumbers
- 10 slices fresh ginger root, julienned
- 2 small dried hot red peppers, cut in small pieces, more if desired
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns, lightly crushed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or white vinegar (for a stronger flavor)
- Cut daikon, carrot and cucumbers into approximately same sized matchsticks.
- Combine in a large bowl.
- Add ginger root, dried peppers, peppercorns and salt; mix well.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature about 6 hours.
- Lightly rinse vegetables with cold water. Drain well.
- Add sugar and vinegar; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours. Serve and enjoy’
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Calories: 124.11 kcal
- Sugar: 20.53 g
- Sodium: 839.15 mg
- Fat: 0.58 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.15 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.06 g
- Fiber: 4.18 g
- Protein: 2.61 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg