- ½ pound chicken skin, trimmed
- 1 ¼ cups chicken stock
- ⅓ cup shiitake mushroom powder
- ¼ cup porcini mushroom powder
- ¾ cup kosher salt
- 2 tsp. white pepper
- 7 tsp. ground chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. sage
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Place the chicken skins in a hotel pan and roast until golden, about 25 minutes. Strain off the rendered chicken fat and reserve for another delicious use.
- Place the roasted chicken skins in a pot with the chicken stock and simmer until all the stock is reduced, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the pot and place in dehydrator overnight, or in an oven heated to 150ºF for 4 hours.
- Place the mushroom powders in a food processor and blitz until it becomes super fine—it should resemble fine table salt. Remove the powder from the food processor and reserve in a bowl.
- Place half of the kosher salt and half of the chicken skin in the food processor and blitz until fine. Repeat with the second half of the kosher salt and the chicken skin, as well as the ground chicken bouillon and turmeric.
- Combine all of the powders, herbs and spices in a medium bowl, and mix well. Store in an airtight container.
- Calories: 373.1 kcal
- Sugar: 1.87 g
- Sodium: 981.55 mg
- Fat: 26.83 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.47 g
- Trans Fat: 0.13 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.49 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 10.78 g
- Cholesterol: 62.24 mg