- 2 1/4 cups Whole Milk (Preferably From Jersey Cows and Organic)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Freshly-Ground Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Rose Water, Cortas brand strongly preferred buy it on Amazon
- 5 Tablespoons Pistachios, Finely Ground
- Optional – Pomegranate Seeds, Blueberries and peeled Kiwi Slices for garnish
- Heat milk in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat.
- In a small cup, mix cornstarch with a few tablespoons milk. Stir to create a smooth, gravy-like consistency. This is called a cornstarch slurry.
- Add cornstarch slurry, sugar, cardamom, and rose water to the saucepan. Stirring constantly, heat mixture until it thickens and a few bubbles break through the surface.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into serving dishes. This recipe will fill 4 small ramekins.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing lightly onto the pudding. This prevents a skin from forming on the custard.
- Refrigerate and cool completely. Sprinkle with ground pistachios, decorate with the fruit in an attractive geometric pattern and serve.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Calories: 363.65 kcal
- Sugar: 57.57 g
- Sodium: 60.5 mg
- Fat: 8.87 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.95 g
- Fiber: 1.24 g
- Protein: 6.36 g
- Cholesterol: 13.73 mg