- Whole Milk (preferably organic Jersey milk)
- Fox’s U-Bet Chocolate Syrup
- TFD’s Guide to Constructing the Perfect Egg Cream:
- Chill whole milk almost to freezing in a freezer – it needs to be ice cold!
- Pour 4 fingers of milk into a glass; preferably an old-fashioned Coke glass that is narrow at the base and flares out at the top. You can also get a complete egg cream kit from Amazon here.
- Fill the glass with seltzer, not club soda (you really should be using a siphon bottle for this step!), violently at first, then more and more smoothly, until the head has risen just to the rim of the glass.
- Drizzle in Fox’s U-Bet Chocolate Syrup, ideally from the “Made for Passover” limited edition run they make every year for the holiday using real sugar, not corn syrup. Please note that using any other brand of chocolate syrup except Fox’s will force TFD to hunt you down and hurt you.
- The syrup will go through the head down to the bottom of the glass, where it can be stirred into the milk/seltzer mixture with a long narrow-headed spoon, leaving the creamy white head undisturbed. Be sure and add slightly more syrup than you think you should – I would go with at least 2 tablespoons to start.
- Put in a straw and ENJOY!