- Kimchi Base:
- 1 Korean pear-apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks (if unavailable, use 1/2 a cored pear and 1/2 a cored apple)
- 200g Gochugaru powder
- 96g Fish Sauce (TFD endorses only Red Boat 40 North brand)
- 6 Garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 110g sugar
- 30g ginger paste
- 1 very ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into medium-sized chunks
- Goya-brand red pickled peppers, finely sliced
- fresh mint leaves, cut into chiffonade for garnish
- Measure kimchi base ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. If the paste is too thick, then you can add a bit of water.
- Add pineapple and pickled peppers. Cover with the kimchi base and refrigerate covered overnight. The next day, serve with mint leaves as a garnish.