- 4 2–pound lobsters, cooked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 large white mushrooms, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup cream sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon, or to taste
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Remove lobster claws and knuckles, crack them open and reserve meat. Using heavy kitchen shears, cut a long 1 ½ inch- wide rectangle out of the top of each lobster body, extending from about 2 inches behind eyes to about 1 inch from tail. Keeping body in one piece, carefully pry meat from tail, and set aside. Remove any meat from body cavity, as well as the green tomalley (liver), and set aside. Rinse lobster bodies and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut lobster meat into 1-inch chunks, and set aside in a bowl with tomalley. Place a large sauté pan over high heat, and melt butter. Add mushrooms, and stir until mushrooms begin to release their juices, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shallots and red pepper, and stir until liquid has vaporated and vegetables begin to brown.
- Remove pan from heat, and add brandy and sherry. Carefully touch a lighted match to mixture to flame it. When flames subside, place pan over medium-high heat. Add heavy cream, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Add lobster meat and tomalley to pan, and stir. Add lemon juice, and adjust seasonings to taste. Allow sauce to simmer until lobster is heated and sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Place reserved lobster bodies in a large baking pan. Place equal portions of lobster mixture in cavities of
- bodies, and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake until cheese is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.