- 2 habanero chilies (yellow and orange), charred over a flame, peeled, de-seeded and mashed to a paste
- 1 green jalapeno chili, charred over a flame, peeled, de-seeded and mashed to a paste (original recipe used red habanero)
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice (preferred) or regular Persian lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup purple onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, baked, peeled and mashed (TFD addition, optional)
- 8 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh oregano (TFD addition, optional)
- 2 small radishes, finely diced
- pinch of salt
- Chop the onion very finely, using a knife (don’t use a food processor), and scoop it into a strainer; rinse under cold water. Shake as much of the water off as possible, then transfer to a small bowl and stir in the combined lime and orange juices. Set aside.
- Core the tomatoes, then cut in half crosswise; squeeze out the seeds. Finely dice the tomatoes (about ¼ inch cubes). Scoop into a bowl. Slice the radishes 1/16-inch thick, then chop into small dice. Add to the tomatoes.
- Add the habanero, roasted garlic and jalapeno paste to the tomatoes. Bunch up the cilantro sprigs, and, with a very sharp knife, slice them 1/16-inch thick, stems and all, working from the leafy end toward the stems. Add minced oregano to cilantro and stir to combine.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and then mix thoroughly to combine, taste and season with salt as required to your taste. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to combine.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 263.15 kcal
- Sugar: 1.98 g
- Sodium: 40.24 mg
- Fat: 28.12 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.26 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.69 g
- Fiber: 0.84 g
- Protein: 0.56 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg