Everyone loves Wasabi Peanuts. These addictive, spicy bar snacks are usually of dubious provenance, nuclear green with artificial color and as pumped full of preservatives as King Tut’s mummy.
There is a better way.
They’re actually very simple to make at home and have a far spicier kick when fresh. I’ve added a hint of powdered green tea for extra color, flavor and healthfulness.
Try them and serve in a bowl, with a beer and in the company of good friends.
Battle on – The GeneralissimoPrint
- 1 lb. of shelled, raw, unsalted peanuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons Wasabi powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Whisk egg white and water together until the mixture is foamy in a large bowl that can easily hold the peanuts.
- Add peanuts to the egg white mixture and stir gently until the all of the egg white coats the peanuts.Put the Wasabi powder, green tea powder salt and cornstarch into a bowl. Mix the ingredients together
- Mix the Wasabi mixture into the bowl of peanuts. Stir gently until the coating covers the peanuts.
- Spoon out the Wasabi peanuts on to a foil covered cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and let cool.
- May be kept for a week in an airtight container.
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 660.61 kcal
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 309.85 mg
- Fat: 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.12 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.52 g
- Fiber: 10.29 g
- Protein: 30.39 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Citizens, please note that I can no longer afford to absorb the nearly $1000 per month it costs to keep the site running smoothly, including marketing expenses, etc.
You can make a difference!
Please consider making a one-time donation to help keep the site live and the posts coming – click here to PayPal Me a tip!
You can also show your support by listening to our podcasts, liking them, and sharing as you see fit – try them out here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?