- 17 habanero peppers
- 1 very large papaya – peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 6 green onions, roughly chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup finely cubed Murai (white daikon radish)
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 3 limes, juiced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped culantro leaves (not cilantro – if not available, omit)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground celery seed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 3/4 cups chopped fresh thyme
- Wearing disposable gloves, and being careful not to get any in your eyes or on your skin, roughly chop the habanero peppers.
- Place the habanero peppers, papaya, onion, green onions, daikon radish, thyme, culantro and garlic into a blender. Pour in the mustard, vinegar, lime juice, and vegetable oil, cover the blender, and pulse until the mixture is very finely chopped.
- Stop the blender, and add salt, sugar, curry powder, celery seed and lime zest. Blend again until the sauce is smooth. Pour into clean jars, and store in refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours