- 250g/9oz coarsely-ground almond flour – use almonds with skins if possible, lightly toasted on a baking sheet to bring out the flavor and then blitzed in a food processor to the correct consistency
- 250g/9oz sugar, TFD prefers 7 ounces cane sugar and 2 ounces turbinado sugar
- 250g/9oz butter, the best European brand you can find
- 250g/9oz dark chocolate (at least 65% cocoa) – TFD prefers E. Guittard or Lindt for this recipe
- 6 whole eggs, to provide 120 gr egg yolks and 220 gr egg whites
- 1/2 vanilla pod, split lengthwise
- 25ml/0.85fl.oz. Amaretto di Saronno almond liqueur
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Gelatina al limoncello (Limoncello Gelatine)
- Water cl.250
- Sugar gr.20
- Lemon marmalade gr.35
- 3 drops of Vanilla extract
- Gelatine n.2 sheets
- Limoncello gr.20
- Begin by warming the butter to room temperature and creaming it. Then chop the chocolate up roughly, melt it in a bain-marie, and leave it to cool down a little. Turn on the oven, and set it to 180°C.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites, put the yolks in a mixing bowl with half the sugar, and begin to whip, either by hand or with the whisker attachment of a food blender. When the mixture is creamy add the butter and then the melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Fold in the coarsely-ground almonds. Whip the egg whites until they form snowy white peaks, and fold this in to the mixture with the remaining sugar, the scraped-out seeds from the vanilla pod and the splash of Amaretto di Saronno.
- Pour the mixture into a 24cm greased cake ring, or else a round cake pan lined with buttered baking paper. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes; the cake should have a golden-brown crust on top but still be moist inside. Fr Leave to cool down completely before removing from the cake pan and dusting the top with icing sugar.
- For the gelatine: bring all ingredients to a boil, add the limoncello and, at the end, the sheets of gelatin. Allow to cool, then cut into decorative shapes and garnish cut slices of torta with them on the plate.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 1491.99 kcal
- Sugar: 81.36 g
- Sodium: 427.19 mg
- Fat: 110.27 g
- Saturated Fat: 49.97 g
- Trans Fat: 2.07 g
- Carbohydrates: 105.92 g
- Fiber: 13.63 g
- Protein: 25.71 g
- Cholesterol: 136.25 mg