- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons duck fat (preferred), chicken fat or peanut oil
- 4 stalks scallion, cut into small rounds1 pound fresh noodles
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or to taste
- Optional meat:
- 1 cup shredded pork
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- For the pork, combine cornstarch, salt and soy sauce, beat together and add pork. Marinate 30 minutes – 1 hour in the fridge.
- Heat up fat and oil in a pan and put the green onion pieces in. Use the lowest heat to simmer until the green onions are deep-browned and almost burnt. Transfer all the contents out. Return some scallion oil back to the pan, and then add optional marinated shredded pork to fry until cooked. Remove and reserve.
- Heat up a pot of water until it boils. Cook the fresh noodles al dente. The noodles should be cooked through but still somewhat firm and springy. Drain the noodles and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Add the scallion oil, oyster sauce, and soy sauce into the noodles. Using a pair of chopsticks, toss the noodles to blend well with the scallion oil and soy and oyster sauces. Serve immediately topped with the optional cooked pork.