- 750g Greek-style yogurt,
- 250g feta cheese – crumbled loosely
- 2 tablespoons nigella seeds, lightly crushed with back of skillet or rolling pin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 garlic cloves – lightly crushed yet still intact
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced (TFD addition)
- 2 green jalapenos – finely minced and seeds removed or left whole with a long slit cut into them if you prefer a less hot version
- 1 tablespoon ground fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried Turkish or Greek oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried Aleppo chili flakes
- Olive oil and fresh oregano as garnish
- To a mixing bowl add: yoghurt, garlic cloves, chopped green jalapeno, nigella seeds and salt to taste. Mix then gradually fold in feta cheese. Then add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well but leave chunks of cheese in the yogurt.
- Cover and leave at room temperature for 2-3 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh oregano and serve.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours