- 2 cups whole milk, preferably from Jersey cows
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 7 ounces (200g) Bronte Sicilian pistachio cream
- 4 drops of fresh orange juice
- Make a slurry by mixing the ¼ cup of the milk with the cornstarch, mixing until the starch is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the rest of the milk in a medium-sized saucepan with the sugar.
- When it almost starts to boil, stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook at gentle simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, scrape into a bowl, and chill thoroughly, preferably overnight.
- Once chilled, whisk in the pistachio cream and just a few drops of orange juice until smooth.
- Freeze the gelato in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 325.35 kcal
- Sugar: 24.18 g
- Sodium: 71.84 mg
- Fat: 22.32 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.56 g
- Fiber: 0.04 g
- Protein: 4.87 g
- Cholesterol: 80.17 mg