- 3/4 cup (2.25 oz) icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp dried lavender
- 1 3/4 sticks top-quality butter (14 oz.), cut into cubes
- 1 tsp microplaned lemon zest
- 6 1/2 oz plain all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 oz farola (fine Semolina flour) (preferred) – buy it on Amazon or use rice flour (or simply use regular all purpose flour)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and lavender together in a bowl. Add the butter, lemon zest and lavender/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and light in color.
- Add the flour and farola/rice flour and salt and mix until well combined. Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
- Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Roll the dough out to 1.5cm thickness.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter.
- Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 1217.26 kcal
- Sugar: 66.1 g
- Sodium: 164.4 mg
- Fat: 84.59 g
- Saturated Fat: 52.36 g
- Trans Fat: 3.25 g
- Carbohydrates: 110.73 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 351.67 mg