- 1 12″ soft white sub sandwich roll
- 3 slices American cheese, cut in half
- 6 slices mortadella
- 6 slices Genoa salami
- Sliced tomato
- green pepper (TFD prefers yellow and orange bell pepper slices as they are less bitter and more digestible)
- onion (TFD prefers red onion)
- sour pickles
- 1 cup assorted pitted olives (green,black, and Kalamata)
- ¼ cup banana peppers
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice bread ⅔ of the way through. Line bottom half with cheese, then sliced meat. Top with vegetables, arranged vertically for easy eating.
- In a food processor, pulse olives and peppers into a coarse paste, and spread on top half of bread. Drizzle liberally with olive oil, and finish with kosher salt and freshly-ground pepper.
- Serve immediately, or allow everything to meld together in the fridge overnight (strongly preferred).