- 125 grams of Butter
- 50 grams of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 250 grams of White wheat all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of Table salt
- 500 grams (a bit over a pound) of Damson plums (if unavailable use regular plums)
- 2 tablespoons of Powdered vanilla sugar
- Prepare the dough: beat the butter with the sugar, then add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and salt and quickly knead into a firm dough. Wrap in cling film and put into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the fan oven to 200° celsius (400 Fahrenheit).
- Wash the damsons, halve, remove the stone and cut each into six wedges.
- Roll out the dough and put into a 23cm (9″) buttered tart tin.
- Arrange the plum slices in circles on the tart base.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the base seems not too soggy anymore (it will always remain slightly soggy because of the plum juice that oozes from the fruit).
- Dust with vanilla sugar and serve with whipped cream.
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 597.0 kcal
- Sugar: 31.34 g
- Sodium: 56.98 mg
- Fat: 27.33 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.51 g
- Trans Fat: 1.03 g
- Carbohydrates: 80.81 g
- Fiber: 3.44 g
- Protein: 8.95 g
- Cholesterol: 107.18 mg