Citizens, Ssam Jaang is perhaps TFD’s favorite spicy condiment, combining virtually every umami and spicy flavor he holds dear – chili, garlic, miso, scallion, sesame oil and more!
Needless to say, this deliciously spicy Korean staple is found on virtually every table during most meals. Truth be told, it is so delicious, so savory, so punchy to the palate that it is as good on a hamburger as it is on any Korean mandu dumpling!
I hope you will choose to try and make this delicacy from the “Land of the Morning Calm”, as Korea is known to those who live there, Citizens!
Battle on – The GeneralissimoPrint
- ¾ tbsp of hot pepper paste (gochujang) – TFD strongly endorses “Wholly Gochujang” found at www.crazykoreancooking.com
- 2 ¼ tbsp of soy bean paste (doenjang) (TFD note – if doenjang is unavailable, use yellow miso instead) – TFD strongly endorses 3 year aged “Wholly Doenjang”, found at www.crazykoreancooking.com
- ½ Tbsp of sugar
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp of chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp of sesame oil (Kadoya brand strongly preferred)
- ½ Tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- A tiny bit of soju, to taste (TFD addition to standard recipe, totally optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together. It is ready to use immediately.
- Note: If this blend is too spicy (hot) then add more soybean paste and less pepper paste to your personal taste.
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 69.59 kcal
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 477.14 mg
- Fat: 4.73 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.71 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.57 g
- Fiber: 0.88 g
- Protein: 1.77 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Citizens, please note that I can no longer afford to absorb the nearly $1000 per month it costs to keep the site running smoothly, including marketing expenses, etc.
You can make a difference!
Please consider making a one-time donation to help keep the site live and the posts coming – click here to PayPal Me a tip!
You can also show your support by listening to our podcasts, liking them, and sharing as you see fit – try them out here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?