- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. oil (as needed)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 1/2 lb. chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 lb. chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 lbs. orange blossom honey
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground cardamom
- 1 tsp finely-chopped lemon zest
- Sift sugar, flour and baking powder together. Add eggs, and enough oil to make a soft dough. Take pieces and roll into a rope about 1/3 to ½ inch thick.
- Cut into small pieces as long as it is thick. Roll to make them little balls. Place on a jelly roll sheet and bake in 375F oven about 10 minutes, until lightly brown.
- When dough balls are ready, heat the honey, sugar, water, nutmeg, lemon zest and ginger until it comes to a boil. Drop in the nuts and dough balls, cover, let simmer about 10 minutes and then uncover.
- Let it simmer slowly; keep stirring until all the honey is absorbed; then turn out onto an oiled cookie sheet. Form into a cone or pyramid on a doily placed on a serving plate, and let cool. If you plan to keep teiglach for a few days, store in an airtight tin.