- 1 live female lobster, about 2 1/4 pounds
- 2 sticks of butter (15 tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 5 ounces heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, minced
- A pinch of cayenne
- A pinch of paprika
- black pepper
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Put the lobster into the freezer for several minutes to sedate it. Position a sharp knife at the top of the head and plunge downwards, cutting towards the eyes. This will immediately and painlessly kill the lobster. Cut the lobster in half down the center.
- Remove all the meat, including the claws, but retain the shell for serving.
- Cut the meat into chunks.
- Heat the butter until foaming and quickly sauté the lobster chunks in it, until just cooked but not colored.
- Warm the whiskey slightly, pour over the lobster and CAREFULLY set fire to it. Once the flames have died down, remove the lobster, add mushrooms and shallots and cook until tender.
- Add lobster back along with the cream, lemon juice, mustard and mix with the pan juices, and taste for seasoning, add cayenne, paprika, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Put all back into the half shells and place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is bubbling.
- Garnish with minced parsley and serve hot with fresh lemon wedges, steamed baby potatoes and a fresh mixed salad.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 631.7 kcal
- Sugar: 5.11 g
- Sodium: 506.74 mg
- Fat: 59.43 g
- Saturated Fat: 37.29 g
- Trans Fat: 1.86 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.98 g
- Fiber: 1.93 g
- Protein: 9.47 g
- Cholesterol: 217.65 mg