- 3 large organic eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup club soda
- A scant 1/3 cup orange juice
- A good splash of passion fruit juice (TFD change, leave out for classic recipe)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon homemade vanilla extract made using XO Cognac (preferred) or use top-quality commercial vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons European-style cultured butter
- whipped cream, a grating of chocolate, or a fruit, custard or chocolate sauce for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, club soda, orange and passion fruit juices. Stir in flour, sugar, salt and vanilla to form a smooth batter.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-inch skillet. Use small ladle to add enough batter to coat bottom of pan in a thin, even layer, rotating pan as needed to cover.
- Cook for 2 minutes on the first side and 1 ½ minutes on the second side or until the pancake is lightly browned.
- Remove and keep warm while cooking the rest of the pancakes with the remainder of the butter and batter.
- Fill with any combination of fruit preserves, sugared ground nuts, whipped cream and fresh fruit, pie filling, etc., and roll or fold into triangles.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with a dollop of whipped cream, a grating of chocolate, or a fruit, custard or chocolate sauce, if desired.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 363.61 kcal
- Sugar: 21.58 g
- Sodium: 379.57 mg
- Fat: 11.91 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.04 g
- Trans Fat: 0.25 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.51 g
- Fiber: 1.18 g
- Protein: 11.2 g
- Cholesterol: 160.86 mg