- 1/2” ginger root (finely chopped)
- 1 1/4 garlic cloves, (minced or pureed)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ehuru seeds (preferred) or use nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground grains of Selim pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (TFD addition) or just use cayenne
- 1/2 small yellow onion (finely chopped or pureed in a blender)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Knorr Aromat seasoning (preferred) or use salt
- 2 ripe (slight yield under pressure, yellow and black) plantains
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed oil (preferred) or vegetable oil
- Peanuts and minced parsley for garnish
- Combine all spices, pureed garlic, ginger, onions and salt in a bowl.
- Peel plantains and cut into small cubes.
- Place in the bowl. Rub spice mixture into plantains.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan. Fry plantain pieces until they are a golden/dark brown about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve warm garnished with peanuts and minced parsley.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 258.74 kcal
- Sugar: 13.89 g
- Sodium: 150.51 mg
- Fat: 16.13 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.24 g
- Trans Fat: 0.12 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.06 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 1.52 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg