- Heavily-Salted Water
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Jane’s Krazy Salt or some form of herbed salt
- 1 large garlic clove, very finely chopped (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated zest of lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cleaned large or jumbo shrimp (20 to 24 to the pound)
- Lemon wedges
- Soak the peeled shrimp in heavily-salted water for 30 minutes to make them crunchy when cooked – drain and rinse.
- Place a rack on the top rung of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Combine the bread crumbs, salt, garlic, oregano, basil, lemon rind, paprika, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss until all the shrimp are coated with crumbs.
- Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in a 10-inch baking pan or on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Recipes