- 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- Melted butter, for brushing
- Birch syrup
- A touch of freshly-ground cardamom
- Combine the butter, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl, and beat together well.
- Beat in the eggs, one by one.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar together into the mixture, and beat well.
- Pour in the milk, little by little, beating all the time so that no lumps form.
- Heat your waffle iron to proper working temperature, and brush it very lightly with melted butter.
- Pour in a suitable amount of batter and cook until nice and golden.
- Serve warm or cold – TFD loves these with birch syrup and a sprinkling of freshly-ground cardamom.
- Category: Recipes
- Calories: 612.65 kcal
- Sugar: 40.01 g
- Sodium: 278.56 mg
- Fat: 20.99 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.98 g
- Trans Fat: 0.68 g
- Carbohydrates: 94.2 g
- Fiber: 1.92 g
- Protein: 12.25 g
- Cholesterol: 165.96 mg