- ½ cup shelled Pistachio Nuts (natural – avoid the red-dyed variety)
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Hazelnuts
- 2 tsp each White and black sesame seeds
- 5 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Allspice berries
- 2 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 ½ tsp Flaked Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Poppy seeds
- Place all of your nuts, sesame seeds and all whole spices on a cookie tray.
- Toast the nuts, seeds, and whole spices at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until the nuts begin to color and the spices are fragrant. The walnuts will turn golden and the aroma will be strong and nutty.
- Transfer contents of the cookie sheet to a food processor, blender or coffee/spice grinder. Pulse until you have a coarse consistency. Don’t grind to a powder. Stop when you have nice grainy and even blend. Store in a sealed container.