- 200 grams best-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped – TFD prefers E Guittard 63% Extra Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 ½ tablespoons water
- ½ tablespoon Frangelico (TFD favorite) for a whisper of nutty flavor, Grand Marnier for a hint of orange or just water for an unadulterated chocolate experience
- 4 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- Matcha green tea powder for garnish
- Combine the chocolate and water/booze (if using) in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water).
- Heat until the chocolate is almost completely melted, stirring occasionally.Remove the bowl from the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool a little, then whisk in the egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt to stiff peaks.Stir in ⅓ of egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then gently fold in the remaining.
- Divide between serving dishes and chill at least 3-4 hours. Add a VERY light dusting of matcha over each portion and serve immediately.
- Calories: 375.09 kcal
- Sugar: 12.19 g
- Sodium: 118.35 mg
- Fat: 26.07 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.81 g
- Trans Fat: 0.03 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.41 g
- Fiber: 5.46 g
- Protein: 10.21 g
- Cholesterol: 187.5 mg