Blueberry. Pancakes. Maine. Best. Diner. Breakfast. EVER!
No more need be said. 🙂
I do not recall exactly where I found this recipe, Citizens – only that it is my favorite for blueberry pancakes.
I hope it becomes yours as well as we close out the week of classic American diner recipes and return to our normal random recipe postings!
Battle on – The GeneralissimoPrint
Bridget’s Blueberry Pancakes
- Total Time: 0 hours
- 1 Tbsp juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1–2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, preferably wild, rinsed and dried
- Whisk lemon juice and milk and set aside to thicken.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl to combine (I also sifted the flour with baking soda and powder twice before mixing with the rest of the ingredients).
- Whisk egg and melted butter into milk until combined. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in milk mixture. Whisk very gently until just combined. Do NOT overmix!
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tsp oil and brush to coat skillet bottom. evenly. Pour ¼ cup batter on skillet, sprinkle 1 tbsp (or to taste) blueberries over batter. Cook until large bubbles begin to appear, flip and cook until golden brown on second side.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Calories: 459.04 kcal
- Sugar: 16.39 g
- Sodium: 601.92 mg
- Fat: 16.29 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.36 g
- Trans Fat: 0.37 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.12 g
- Fiber: 2.67 g
- Protein: 12.27 g
- Cholesterol: 81.6 mg
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Leave a Reply