Blueberry. Pancakes. Maine. Best. Diner. Breakfast. EVER!
No more need be said. 🙂
I do not recall exactly where I found this recipe, Citizens: only that it is my favorite for blueberry pancakes.
I hope it becomes yours as well as we close out the week of classic American diner recipes and return to our normal random recipe postings!
Battle on – The GeneralissimoPrint
- 1 Tbsp juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1–2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, preferably wild, rinsed and dried
- Whisk lemon juice and milk and set aside to thicken.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl to combine (I also sifted the flour with baking soda and powder twice before mixing with the rest of the ingredients).
- Whisk egg and melted butter into milk until combined. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in milk mixture. Whisk very gently until just combined. Do NOT overmix!
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tsp oil and brush to coat skillet bottom. evenly. Pour ¼ cup batter on skillet, sprinkle 1 tbsp (or to taste) blueberries over batter. Cook until large bubbles begin to appear, flip and cook until golden brown on second side.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Calories: 459.04 kcal
- Sugar: 16.39 g
- Sodium: 601.92 mg
- Fat: 16.29 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.36 g
- Trans Fat: 0.37 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.12 g
- Fiber: 2.67 g
- Protein: 12.27 g
- Cholesterol: 81.6 mg
Citizens, please note that I can no longer afford to absorb the nearly $1000 per month it costs to keep the site running smoothly, including marketing expenses, etc.
You can make a difference!
Please consider making a one-time donation to help keep the site live and the posts coming – click here to PayPal Me a tip!
You can also show your support by listening to our podcasts, liking them, and sharing as you see fit – try them out here.