- ½ lb. margarine (preferred) or butter
- ½ lb. Kraft® Old English® Cheese or medium-sharp cheddar
- 1 cup fresh pecans, chopped fine
- 2 ½ cups A/P flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne (TFD also endorses Chipotle powder for a smoky variant)
- Soften margarine and cheese and cream together.
- Sift together flour, salt and cayenne and add to cheese mixture
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Roll in waxed paper and chill overnight.
- Slice thin (see suggested method of cutting in Boston Globe excerpt in post) and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Serve immediately, though they will keep for a few days in a sealed jar or bag in the fridge.