- 8 cups mixed sturdy greens such as chard, baby kale, mustard greens, cress or endive
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup turnips, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup radishes, sliced very thin
- 1 to 2 slices of country ham fat
- 1/2 pound slab bacon, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sherry wine vinegar
- Wash and dry the greens and place in a salad bowl. Top with tarragon, parsley, turnips and radishes. Reserve.
- Place the slice of country ham fat into a large iron skillet over medium heat to render. Add the bacon. When bacon is crispy, use a mesh wand to remove the ham fat and bacon and reserve to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Return pan to heat. Whisk the brown sugar and vinegar into the hot bacon and ham fat until sugar is dissolved. Taste for seasoning and immediately pour dressing over the salad, tossing the greens in the hot dressing to “kill it.” Sprinkle with the bacon pieces and chopped ham fat. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Calories: 315.95 kcal
- Sugar: 5.91 g
- Sodium: 555.7 mg
- Fat: 23.42 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0.08 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.71 g
- Fiber: 6.54 g
- Protein: 11.39 g
- Cholesterol: 41.36 mg